Monday, July 20, 2009

Christmas In July

Sometimes I find my creative mojo mixed up in all the scraps of whatnot on my craft table. I have been sorting things for an upcoming garage sale and rediscovered these glittery snowmen Connie had given me. I decided to make a card with the chocolate/red color combo for a fun little "Christmas in July" feel. :) My "model" Jack helped hold it in place for Momma to take the picture. *giggle*
I flipped over a ticket to have a plain background, punched the ends with the slot punch, added Mr. Glittery Snowman and added ribbon. I cut a slit in the top of the card fold with my craft knife and ran the ribbon through that and around the card front. The ends of the ribbon are taped behind the ticket. I suppose you could tie a bow,too. I stamped snowflakes with Chocolate Chip classic ink. I lined the inside with a piece of naturals white cardstock and might add a stamped saying later.
I have one more glittery snowman and two Santas yet to use. I can make more cards quickly and easily with my leftover crafty tickets. I'll most likely add the cards to my sale stash since I won't be using them personally for Christmas cards.
I have other projects to share this week. Stay tuned and thanks for stopping by! :)

No comments: