Monday, July 6, 2009

My Parents' Anniversary

Today is my parents' 46th wedding anniversary. I feel so blessed to have parents that are still married after all these years! Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad!
Supplies: Sahara Sand cardstock, Lovely Lilac craft ink, chipboard heart, Marvy heart punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, linen thread, heart beads, Chestnut Brown & Cream chalk inks, corner rounder. (card size is 5"x 7")
I punched out the patterned circles and inked the edges with Chestnut Brown chalk ink. It is a titch lighter than the Chestnut Roan that I use a lot. In this picture, you can also see the heart buttons I tied onto the linen thread. I wanted something more than just the raw ends of the thread, so I added these. If you look closely, you can also see some of the glittery embossing on the punched circles. On the patterned paper sheet, there is a subtle glittery embossing. It is a random pattern so some pieces have more than others. I like the texture it gives, although subtle.
I lightly inked the edge of this raw chipboard heart, then stamped the sentiment using Lovely Lilac craft ink. The words are from the Mixed Messages set from Papertrey Ink. I smudged it a bit....oops!
The lighting for this photo doesn't show the true colors, but you can see how neat this multi-patterned sheet of paper is. I still have lots left over to cut strips, squares or even some of the larger patterns that weren't touched. This paper is by Little Yellow Bicycle. I had commented to my mom when I bought it that it would be neat to punch out different things. Funny how I used it on their card, huh?
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: