Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Arrrr!

My friend's little boy just turned 6. I was late getting a card sent and had e-mailed her of such. She said that Joey likes to celebrate for days and weeks for his birthday. She told me he had a pirate-themed party. I e-mailed back today after seeing this set in my stash and knew I could make the perfect card for him to match the theme. She said she uses his cards I send in his scrapbooks and it just tickles me that this turned out. I am happy to make a little boy smile. :)
Cardstock: Kiwi Kiss, Pacific Point, watercolor
Inks: Timber Brown Staz-on, Kiwi Kiss, Pacific Point, Summer Sun, Creamy Caramel, Basic Gray, Basic Black, Riding Hood Red, Chesnut Roan chalk ink
Stamps: Little Boys, Collage Alphabet
Accessories: paper piercer, brads, linen thread, blender pen, hammer (to distress brads)
As I browsed the new SU! catty this past week, I noticed on some samples that they sort of "rolled" the edge of the cardstock and stitched with linen thread. I did a variation of this to "attach" the distressed paper. I really wanted to burn the edges of the watercolor paper to make it look like an old map, but was afraid of the damage I might do....to the cardstock and my house! LOL! Instead, I inked it with my Chesnut Roan chalk ink. It's a little overcast today, so my pics aren't quite as crisp today either.

Thanks for stopping by! Have an arrrrrrrrrrr-some day!

No comments: