Sunday, March 22, 2009

Super Saturday

Yesterday was a good day! Although I was yet again sleep deprived (can you say snoring husband?), it was a good LONG day with loads of fun. The day started with scrambled ham 'n cheese eggs and yummy toast. Then, I gave Jack a much-needed bath after his romp in the back yard mulch/filth. A white dog just doesn't understand the concept of keeping clean. Plus, he's a boy! Wild! Finally, I spent the rest of the day/evening with my mom. We stopped at the Scrapbooking Cafe (local scrap store) for some goodies to match Julie's wedding colors. Then, it was off to Joan's to a super fun Stampin' Up! workshop. Nope, I wasn't the demonstrator. I cancelled my demonstratorship back in December. It was nice to be on the "other side of the table" persae. Holly had two fabulous projects, Joan had incredible food and the company was great! Mom and I stayed a while to visit and were highly entertained by Joan's granddaughter Jillian who is almost 2 1/2. She even sang with her ruby red slippers on and kept going like an Energizer bunny (she was avoiding a nap I think). LOL! Mom and I made two stops at the mall, then enjoyed a somewhat late dinner at a local Wendy's. Ahhhhhhhhh...what a fun and super Saturday! Today it's laundry marathon and watching the dogs while Kevin and his mom go to the Air Force Museum in Dayton.
You can see the super cute scrapbook page we made HERE. We also made this neat gift card holder using the Big Shot Top Note die and various other SU! products. The stamp set and double-sided patterned papers are both Sale-a-Bration FREEBIES you can choose from when your order is $50 or more. For more details, you can visit Holly's SU! website and order anything there you "need". :)
It's hard to tell, but we used the slit punch at the top of the green cardstock that creates a tab to secure the gift card after it's in the tan pocket part. *click any pic for a closer look*
Doesn't Jack look like a weasel when he's wet? He tolerates his bath, but is so ready to shake, rattle and roll when I take him out. He proceeded to rub his entire body all over the carpet when I dried him off. Ugh....I have to vacuum a lot since he's a shedder. So worth it! (side note: gotta love that 50s style green tub....it's in perfect condition so we keep it...) LOL!
Oh, momma...come on.....skip the pictures and get me out of here! tee hee Wet Weasel! I think I am just as wet when all is said and done! Seriously!
Connie sent home some treats for the boys including this jumbo Nylabone and some mini rawhides and other snacks. They loved them all!
My poor Riley is such a ragamuffin right now. Is it dog abuse to delay their haircuts and allow them to look scraggly for a few weeks? EEK....he should go next week for one then he'll be all adorable again. :) His breed has lots of tears so his little face gets all stained and scraggly. LOL! He's still so stinkin' cute!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am reading this after just bathing my Shelby, and how do I get just a wet as she does, when she is the one in the bath tub? Gotta love our furry children! She and Colin are the best of buds and keep each other entertained, and I love watching them! Take care!