Thursday, March 12, 2009

Gone Home

As most of you know, my paternal great aunt Irene died in January. She was laid to rest in the family cemetery in Kentucky on 2/1/09. I was unable to go, but Connie took a few photos that she shared with me. I made this very "heart healing" page in her memory. It is often hard to scrapbook the difficult moments in life, but it can be quite therapeutic as well. Connie said that the lower portion of her stone has the words "Gone Home" engraved on it. I was having a hard time with a title for this page, and her suggestion was not only meaningful but downright perfect.
This is a close up of the flower/button details. You can click either picture to really see all the details.
Thanks for stopping by! Thanks, too, for letting me share such a tender page.

No comments: