Saturday, March 28, 2009

Masculine Birthday

I finally stamped something! I needed two masculine cards for next week. This one will be for Dr D. at the office. His b-day is Sunday, but we'll all celebrate on Monday with something yummy from the local bakery! I used the Cuttlebug folder to create the embossed layer. The cardstock is a mix of Basic Grey Archaic line and some solid colors from SU! (Chocolate Chip, Kraft). I used the distressing tool to give the edge of the oval some texture. The sentiment is from a SU! set called It's Your Birthday. It's hard to tell in the pic, but the base cardstock is a light moss green textured piece from Archivers. Oh, and I inked the cardstock edges and lightly over the embossed surface with my trusty Chestnut Roan cat's eye ink pad. Love that thing!
This card is for my nephew Josh. Well, technically he'll be my nephew on June 5th (when he marries Julie), but he's already family in my opinion. He LOVES getting mail so I can't wait to send this one. I'm going to tuck in a Best Buy gift card to make him smile. :) The main sentiment is from the same It's Your Birthday set, but I also used a round journaling stamp out of my clear stamps stash. The line of words is part of a retired SU! background stamp. I just used my chocolate chip marker to ink that part and stamped it onto the burnt orange piece. I inked this card using my Charcoal cat's eye ink pad. I wanted so badly to wrap some ribbon around the polka dot part of the card for visual balance, but it's a GUY card so I just added some eyelets. After looking at it, I think the polka dot strip should be a bit smaller top to bottom. Oh well...
I wanted to make the envelope match, so I cut another piece of the polka dot paper and carefully traced and glued it to the flap. I used my Mono-Multi glue so it should withstand the postal commute. I know those automated machines can be treacherous!
Ok, that's all for this weekend. I want to spring clean and get this house in order as much as possible...that includes my craft area. I stamped these two cards in about a 6"x6" space on my very very very messy table. Ugh. hee hee

No comments: