Friday, March 13, 2009

Our Family

I finally made a page with our "family" picture from Christmas Eve 2008. Riley was just a little punk then. He has since had a haircut and grown quite a bit. All his black hair is cut off and he's a bigger punk now...that needs another haircut. LOL! *click for a closer look at details*

The funniest thing about this layout is I used Ken's pizza pan to trace a perfect curve on the ivory paper. Shhh...don't tell. I went in the kitchen of the B&B looking for something large to trace and the pizza pan was in the dish drainer. Perfect! LOL! Yes, I crack myself up.
I cut the flowers out of another coordinating patterned paper, added some to the page with dimensionals, then finished it off with Stickles. I also added some faux stitching along the curve of the ivory paper using a dark brown journaling pen. If I remember correctly, I think all supplies but the sticker letters and ivory paper are by Kaisercraft. When I look on their site, I don't see these patterns, so not sure. The letters are by Basic Grey and the ivory paper was a gift from Connie. It has a neat texture, but I have no clue the brand. I cut off the little strip on the end of the papers and toss it so I forget those details. :)
Happy Friday! Guess where I am going tonight? Yep, scrappin' again! I asked Kevin on Thursday if he cared and he looked at me like I had eight heads. (He was surprised I even ASKED him if he cared that I go.) Well, you know....he did just have the boys to himself all last weekend so I wasn't sure if he'd be "puppied out". Is puppied even a word? LOL! You know what I mean. He'll be glad that I'm only going for 6 hours instead of three days. :)

No comments: