Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Abby's wedding invitations

These are way prettier in real life, but they are officially in Abby's hands so I can't take another picture. Abby is my hair stylist and she's getting married in May. She wanted just 15 invitations for her private wedding ceremony and asked if I'd make them. Her colors matched the SU! colors Lavender Lace and Pretty In Pink perfectly. I was able to find this elegant embossed paper(8x8) at Joann's, as well as the purple shimmer paper there, too. The base cardstock is the shimmer cardstock from Papertrey Ink (the best shimmer paper in my opinion!). The only other supplies I used were my SU! daisy punch, the pink layered flowers from Jolee's, some white shimmer grosgrain ribbon, the ticket corner punch and the self-stick purple bling stones. I printed the invitation wording inside using the Edwardian Script font (gorgeous!) and layered that on Pretty In Pink cardstock. The inside pieces were matted and I used the ticket corner punch on them, too. (no pic of the inside...sorry)
The invitations are 5x7 and I placed each one in a vellum envelope (from Joann's) that was decorated with a strip of shimmer cardstock and another layered flower accent. She can write the recipient's name on the shimmer strip. She is hand delivering them, so I was able to add more bling and goodies than one that was mailed. It made creating them more fun, too! She came by Tuesday night to pick them up and both she and her mom were quite pleased. It made me happy that the bride was happy! :) Abby is just such a sweetheart! *click this bottom pic for a closeup of the shimmery purple paper and layers*

No comments: