Friday, August 7, 2009

Whew...what a week!

Riley and his blankie! His expression reminds me of how I feel....whooped! Last week and this week have been busy. I kinda forgot what day it was. But, lo and behold....I am quite aware today is FRIDAY! Yee Haw! *does the happy dance* Whew! What a week! The garage sale is going on again at my parents' house. I added more household things and my sister added lots of stamp sets, etc. Whatever of mine doesn't sell is going to the local Pumphouse Ministries. Happy trails to my stuff! :) I can guarantee you I am all done with any "in the mood for garage sale" I might have had two weeks ago. I have earned over $500 though so it was TOTALLY worth all the hard work. So glad my parents let us use their nice garage. :)
Update on blog candy. I created a fun card kit using different items from my stash and sent them to Connie and Beth, the two who commented on my Inseparable post. One of my favorite things is to coordinate products that aren't of the same brand. There is a sense of accomplishment, I guess, in making it all come together. I guess that's one of the things I love about being creative....making it all go together. I used SU! cardstocks, Basic Grey patterned paper, SU! chipboard and misc. chipboard, white embroidery floss, white grosgrain ribbon and some fun shell buttons I just got. In this pic, the dark chocolate cardstock looks black and the scalloped chipboard looks red. I used craft ink in Rose Red to match the Rose Red cardstock. It's all much nicer in person.
This week has been a blur. I am working solo in medical records and yesterday literally kicked my butt. Today is more low-key and I am welcoming any down time I find. Between appointments, church, sorting goodies for the sale and a busy Wednesday afternoon....well, I am more than ready for the weekend. Wait....I still have get up at the crack tomorrow to work the sale. Ahhhhhhhhh.....I smell a nap for Sunday after church. *sniff sniff* hee hee
Have a good weekend. I'll eventually get crafty again. I still need to post the card we made at Connie's workshop. It's awesome. Until then....

No comments: