Monday, November 10, 2008

Turkey Table Favor

On Sunday afternoon, my mom and I prepared the "pieces and parts" of this fun turkey. She does crafts at an after-school program at a local church and this will be the project for Tuesday. We combined ideas to come up with this table favor that can hold candy or nuts. All I can say is WE LOVE PUNCHES! Ahhhh...they made the prep so much easier!

I had e-mailed mom a picture of a super cute turkey card. You can see the card HERE (scroll down a bit to see the card and the "turkey parts".) We liked different aspects of the turkey but changed it a bit for this idea. First of all we needed it to be bigger, so we used the bigger Marvy scalloped circle punches and some SU! punches for our turkey. See more details below...
Here's a front view of the turkey with the cupcake paper beside him. I love his feet! LOL!
Here's the side view with the cupcake paper inside the turkey. Now it can be filled with candy or nuts. Also, see how two of the flower petals are folded so that the feet can be glued on?
Here are the components you'll need to recreate this size turkey:
body: Marvy Uchida scallop oval (purple punch)
head: SU! large oval
beak: 3/4" square, cut in half or smaller diagonally
wattle: SU! slot punch
feet: Creative Memories flower punch (folded)
feathers: Marvy Uchida scallop circle (purple punch)
base: paper strip 1"x11"
eyes: black marker (Creative Memories round tip marker used here)
The base strip is held together with one or two staples. The feathers are glued together and the entire feather piece is attached to the base strip with one or two staples. SU! cardstock used: So Saffron, Creamy Caramel, Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie
As I was adding the eyes to all the turkey heads I joked "hey, quit looking at him...hey, quit looking at me, etc." Then, mom said "Mommmmmmmmm, he's looking at me!" Ah, I bet we've all heard that one....either when your kids were fighting or your siblings were bugging you. LOL! I told her I can truly be entertained with just paper and a marker. She always said I played well alone. ha ha I know...I'm not right. But.....I always have fun! LOL!
Hope this cute idea becomes a fun craft for your kids, grandkids, kids at church or school....or you find a good laugh while adding eyes to your own turkeys. Shhhh...no one is watching...go ahead and GIGGLE!!
And...a special thanks to Patty for sharing the swap card on her blog. I read her blog daily and she has fab ideas!

No comments: