Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Ever heard of Brooke Fraser?

She is an incredible singer from New Zealand. She has the voice of an angel...well, at least in my opinion. My co-worker Katie introduced me to her music. I had to share two songs that just make my heart soar and tears stream down my face. They are both written about the peace and grace that only God gives.

The first is called Shadowfeet. Click HERE to listen to it. Choose the first one.

SHADOWFEET
Walking, stumbling

On these shadow feet
Toward home, a land that I’ve never seen
I am changing
Less and less asleep
Made of different stuff than when I began
And I have sensed it all along

Now fast approaching is the day

CHORUS
When the world has fallen out from under me
I’ll be found in you, still standing
When the sky rolls up and mountains fall on their knees
When time and space are through I’ll be found in you

There’s distraction

Buzzing in my head
Saying in the shadows it’s easier to stay
But I’ve heard rumours of true reality
Whispers of a well-lit way

CHORUS

Bridge
You make all things new

CHORUS

CHORUS 2
When the world has fallen out from under me
I’ll be found in you, still standing
Every fear and accusation under my feet
When time and space are through I’ll be found in you
When time and space are through I’ll be found in you
When time and space are through I’ll be found in you

The second is called Arithmetic. Click HERE to listen to it. You can read the artist's comments on the lyrics (well worth the read) HERE. Sorry, when I copied and pasted these lyrics they got all wonky. At least you can read them and get the words.

ARITHMETIC

I've been staring at the sky tonight Marvelling and passing time Wondering what to do with daylight Until I can make you mine You are the one I want, you are the one I want

I've been thinking of changing my mind It never stays the same for long But of all the things I know for sure You're the only certain one You are the one I want, you are the one I want

I've been counting up all my wrongs One sorry for each star See I'd apologise my way to you If the heavens stretched that far You are the one I want, you are the one I want

I won't find what I am looking for If I only "see" by keeping score 'Cos I know now you are so much more than arithmetic 'Cos if I add, if I subtract If I give it all, try to take some back I've forgotten the freedom that comes from the fact That you are the sum So you are the one I want

When the years are showing on my face And my strongest days are gone When my heart and flesh depart this place From a life that sung your song You'll still be the one I want You'll still be the one I want You'll still be the one I want You'll still be the one I want

Is it not refreshing to know that above all things, God's love and grace is all we truly need? Ahhhhhhhhh....*sniffle*

No comments: