Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanks

We give thanks to God for our little Riley. He sure is keeping us smiling! He loves to chew, chew chew! He is helping us fill the "Macy-sized" hole in our hearts, while building new memories that are unique to him and so very scrapbook worthy. I can't wait to start creating pages about him. We affectionately call him Mr. Weasel or Brown Caterpillar. LOL! He is just so tiny he can weasel in just about anywhere.
And now for today's card...The word "thanks" was cut out of the striped paper on the Cricut. I simply layered the actual thanks, then the cool caribbean stamped piece, then the striped piece from which the word thanks had been cut out. It's an easy way to use up that scrap instead of throwing it away. I traced around the thanks with a dark marker to make it stand out. It matches the dark, dark chocolate color of the base cardstock (looks black in this pic). I added some white dots with my Sharpie, an Old Olive cardstock layer with the torn edge and those "hard to line up" gromlets that are added using the Crop-a-Dile II. The way you have to turn the gromlet upside down on the actual tool, then insert the cardstock, I just can't see where I am. Thus....the crooked embellishment. LOL! Honestly, I really don't like this card, but I posted it anyway. :)
Even though I can't really line these up well on an actual card, they sure look good in my storage container. A rainbow of yum!
I'm looking forward to a short work week and time with family. I'll have one more post Wednesday, but if anything exciting happens I'll be back tomorrow.
Thanks for stopping by...

No comments: