Monday, November 17, 2008

For You

In this picture, the base cardstock looks black. It is actually a deep dark chocolate brown that I got at Archivers. I love this dark chocolate as it is way darker than SU!'s Chocolate Chip color. The ivory layer is a piece of watercolor paper with yummy texture, but that element isn't evident in this pic either. Oh well. It's best if you click the pic for a closer look so you can also see the stamped background on the Kiwi Kiss cardstock. I stamped the flower image you see in the picture over and over and over with Versamark ink. It creates a funky pattern that looks nothing like a flower. I had shown this idea a bit earlier and I love this particular stamp for that look. Sort of a RETRO look, huh? These colors sort of happened and I liked it so TA-DA...here's today's card. Enjoy and thanks for stopping by!

Cardstock: Dark brown=Archivers, Whisper White (sentiment stamped on), Watercolor and Kiwi Kiss=SU!
Inks: Tangerine Tango, Versamark
Accessories: Threading Water punch=Fiskars, Ribbon and button from my stash, Sheer flower=Maya Road
Stamp set: Say It With Scallops=SU!

I get to meet my new furry nephew Tucker at noon today. Check back tomorrow to see the card I made for the new "parents" Julie and Josh. LOL! Hopefully, I'll have some cute pics of him to show. :)

No comments: