Friday, September 25, 2009

The Web of Life

Ignore the crooked picture and hot pink pad I have the page propped against. Click each picture to see the intricate details. This page took me a while, but was quite therapeutic, especially the journaling. This page was one of the ones entered in the county fair.
I got the bling arrow at Archivers. I placed it on patterned paper and cut it out. I used a few different Halloween papers to give this page an eerie feel. The surprise of the page is its message in the journaling...which isn't eerie at all.
The sparkly foam spider stickers are from Hobby Lobby. I had some leftovers from making my Halloween cards. I placed them randomly on the page to simulate creepy crawling real spiders! I inked some layers with white ink and some with charcoal ink to make each edge stand out. The page was all about the details.
When I took the picture of Mr. Spider at night using my macro setting and flash, he became whited out. I added some glitter pen to him just to jazz him up a bit. In real life, he's black,white and other colors. I got this bling circle at Archivers, but switched out some red stones and added black. The red ones were used on the round black background paper (see above photo).
I cut out the word "web" using my Cricut. I added Stickles for some shine. It's iridescent, but when tilted looks green. The tiny letters are from Jenni Bowlin and the punch is from EK success for the orange layer. OH and I added some inked lines to the purple shadow pieces behind the letters to mimic the web.
This is the heart of it all. For some reason, this tiny spider's existence is one way God has spoken to me lately. I am terrifed of spiders, but have cheered this one on as he has rebuilt his web time and again. After all, he's just doing what spiders do. You can watch the video below of him in action....rebuilding his web after a windy day had torn it down.

No comments: