Saturday, April 19, 2008

Saturday Ramblings...

Ribbon Spooling...is awesome and quite fun actually. I originally saw the idea on Nichole Heady's blog HERE. Check out her studio...oh my! I got my clothespins at Dollar Tree. I plan to spool all my loose ribbon. I will divide them by color in my jars later. It's a relaxing task! Now, wipe the drool off your monitor screen as I know you have a ribbon fetish like I do....LOL!
This card uses all Stampin' Up! supplies. The main image is a level 1 hostess stamp From The Garden in the current Spring-Summer catalog. I stamped it with Basic Brown ink onto our watercolor paper, then used a blender pen and various classic ink pads to color. The sentiment is from the set Take Three. I only used a portion of the image by using my marker. Simply color the portion of a stamp you want by using the brush tip of the marker. Lightly "huff" on the image to remoisten the ink and stamp onto paper.
I think I will send this card to Mrs. Black. She is the widow of our dear former neighbor who died earlier this month.

Johnny Jump-ups have appeared! These precious little colorful flowers appear in the strangest places, only to make me thank God yet again for his glorious spring creations! These little beauties are right outside the back door in the crevice between the foundation of the garage and the sidewalk. Amazing how they can just "jump up" where they want! I had these kind in my planters out back last year so the seeds spread with the wind and are now appearing in the oddest places. I think they are called violas, but my friend Chris calls them Johnny Jump-ups....so now that's what I call them. It's a fun name!
Yesterday, Dad came over and helped me power wash the house, brick and concrete. I was outside all day and had a wonderful day! This place looks so bright now! My white house is truly white again! I did get sunburn on my toes, legs and neck. I used suncreen, but not on my legs or feet. You can see where my flip-flops were, but it's so worth it to be able to enjoy this weather. I think I could now identify every muscle in my body as they ALL ache. LOL I stayed in today, did laundry and stamped. I'll share some more projects later this week. I have a workshop tomorrow and don't want to spoil any surprises for the guests or hostess. Thanks for stopping by and letting me ramble on...

No comments: