Monday, April 14, 2008

Priceless...

In January of this year, my parents, husband, cousin and I went to see my Great Aunt Irene on her 91st birthday. She is a remarkable woman. She still lives alone and has the best outlook on life. I can only hope to be as feisty when I am older. I just love her. I'm not good about getting over to see her as often as I should even though she only lives about 20 minutes away. Shame on me! I did this layout a few weekends ago and used a new Hambly page overlay that I had gotten at the LSS (which is closing...sniffle...). Fortunately for me, the one owner will be opening a new store across town so my addiction will be fed again. LOL I had to take this picture at an angle since the shiny overlay kept causing a glare. You can click on the pic for a closer look.
Here's a close-up of some of the detailing. I used Fancy Pants papers for the two base pieces, added the Hambly overlay(attached with brads), Bazzill bling cardstock, a Prima flower, a button and a My Mind's Eye 4x6 transparency(attached with those fabulous Glue Dots sheets for vellum!!). The letters "Priceless" were stamped with a retired Stampin' Up! Alphabits set and punched out with the 1/4" square punch. If you know this crazy scrapper in the middle photo, give her a shout out! Hey girl! She's one of the nicest gals I have ever known....and she's family to boot! We always have a blast together! :)

Here you can see how I layered the patterned paper under the overlay, then added all the other elements on top. One last added detail was the date by the owl using my handy dandy white Sharpie. I love that thing!

This week I'll be planning projects for a weekend workshop. I'll add those on the blog next week. Thanks for stopping by. Hope everyone has a blessed week!

No comments: