Thursday, April 17, 2008

My name is...

Yep, it's another Macy layout! LOL She is just so cute I keep scrappin' about her. One day, hopefully God will bless us with a baby. For now, ya'll have to keep looking at my furbaby layouts. :) Like most pets, Macy has a dozen or more nicknames. I finally decided to document a handful of them. This layout cracks me up each time I look at it again. *click for a closer look*

Here's a close-up so I can explain some of the details. I layered this really cool paper over a piece of Brilliant Blue from Stampin' Up! I love how the darker color shows through the flowery scalloped edge of the pink paper. I added a little piece of white in each corner so that the black brads would "pop". I also add dots in the center of each flower and on the vinyl Thickers letters using my handy dandy white Sharpie pen. I thought the dotted letters looked more girly since Macy is such a girly pooch. Hope this makes you smile, too!
Tonight after work, Kevin and I mowed the yard for the first time this season. Ahhhh....the simple pleasure of smelling the fresh cut grass and taking in all the luscious springy colors around me was wonderful! I am so inspired to pull out my sheets of Garden Green cardstock and make a fun card. That is one color I rarely pull out of my stash to use. Tomorrow it's back outside to power wash the siding, do windows and put in the screens. I can't wait to have the windows wide open and let in the fresh spring breeze. I might even get some sun on my pasty white legs. LOL Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed day!

No comments: