Sunday, April 6, 2008

Happy Daffodils






Today was such a blessed day! My daffodils are finally blooming! When I let Macy out this morning about 7:20 they weren't opened. This afternoon after church they were bowing towards the warm spring sun and showing their gorgeous yellow hues. Daffodils are my favorite flower for a few reasons. They remind me of my dear friend Merrill. She likes daffodils, too. They are also a sign of a new season, a new beginning. They make their way past the dull-colored mulch and dead branches to smile at me. My heart just feels lighter once the daffodils come. It's as if God is whispering to me, "This is just for you, my child. Enjoy." I am so grateful for my eyesight and that I can see His many wonderous blessings in nature. Thank you Lord for the happy daffodils!

No comments: