Monday, April 21, 2008

April 20th Workshop Highlights

Whoa...I added SIX photos to this post, so I'll keep the chit chat to a minimum. This is the first card we made at the workshop yesterday. A cute, easy "filmstrip" card that uses only cardstock, ink and two punches! Cute as a bug, huh? I only like fake bugs, but the real ones are slowly finding their way into our home. Blechhh! I can't take credit for the filmstrip idea. I saw it online and just adapted it to the stamp set Bugs & Kisses. OH and yes, that pic was really taken outside in my fresh, green grass. Love it! Welcome spring! Woo hoo!
Well, the sun disappeared within minutes so these next two photos are a bit "overcast" like the sky was then. This card showcases craft ink, Coluzzle, Two-Step stampin' and coloring gingham ribbon. Simply use your sponge dauber to rub ink onto the gingham ribbon. I wanted to have a softer look than the carmel and white, so I changed it to Barely Banana and Creamy Caramel with a few rubs of ink on both sides. Easy!


Thanks to a cool card I saved in my favs online, I was able to remember/share this neat opening technique. The card base does not fold, so instead you place the sentiment inside the ovals. Just pull the ribbon to spin the top oval up and there's your sentiment! Tip: Use your heat tool to dry craft inks faster so you don't get smudges. Gotta love that heat tool! Mine is always right beside me at my craft table.
Here's the hostess gift. I had a neat little divided wooden box in my "alterable" stash. I had the best time decorating it with the Happy Me Simply Scrappin' Kit from the Fall/Winter 2007 catalog. It was a level 3 hostess item. I made it with my hostess in mind as she has adorable grandkids whose pics she can display inside. I decorated it front and back so it's cute no matter where she sets it and from any angle it is seen.

Thanks again, Joan for being a hostess! You'll be invited to my Hostess Appreciation Event in July. Remember, click any photo for a close-up peek! Thanks for stopping by...

No comments: