Monday, March 31, 2008

My Brother



This layout is about my brother Steve. The journaling says: Steve is shy around most people, but we all know his goofy side. He is a simple man with a big heart. I am proud that he is my brother!
The papers, title and journaling card are all from the Bohemia collection by My Minds Eye. The extras I used are some woven ribbon, Bordering Blue cardstock, white craft pad, pewter brads, ticket corner punch and photo corner punch. I also inked the edges of the cardstock, journaling card and title with a sponge dauber and Bordering Blue ink.
TIP---One thing I tried and was thrilled with was inking the edges of the three smaller photos with white craft ink. I wanted to emphasize the edges of the photos, but didn't want to add any more layers of cardstock under them. This trick was perfect for defining those edges! Just one more reason to love my white craft pad!
After I did this page, I realized I had never really done a page about just Steve. He doesn't really like his picture taken as you can tell by the hand over his face in the larger photo. Either that or he's making a goofy face and ruins the whole shot! LOL He's my sweet, funny brother!
Thanks for stopping by. I hope to share more layouts and tips this week....in between preparing my tax info(yes, I know.....it's almost April! LOL), watching American Idol (woot woot to David Cook!) and recovering from long days at work. Once I sat down to post this, I realized how tired I was tonight!
Hope you have a blessed week!

No comments: