Sunday, March 2, 2008

Busy Stampin' Weekend

I've had a busy weekend with back-to-back workshops. Today I wanted to share with you the projects and hostess gift from Friday's workshop.


This card is a very simple design. Sometimes I really like a simple card. It's kind of hard to tell, but the base is Sahara Sand cardstock. It looks more gray in this photo. The other layers are Whisper White, Certainly Celery and Groovy Guava. I stamped the images from the set Artfully Asian in Staz-on black ink. I really like the true black this pad gives. The image was then colored with the brush tip of two Stampin' Write markers; Certainly Celery and Apricot Appeal. I added a bit of Two-Way glue to the flower centers and sprinkled some Dazzling Diamonds glitter to add a simple touch of bling. I tore the Groovy Guava layer for a hint of texture and to break up all the straight lines.

For the second project, I focused on a monochromatic theme and also showcased the ease of using Stampin' Up!'s color-coordinated products. Each guest chose the color they wanted and created a pocket card using solid cardstock, double-sided patterned papers, ribbon, and a button. The technique shown was heat embossing. We used a Versamark pad to create the tone-on-tone background as well as to heat emboss the scalloped flower image. This set So Many Scallops is one you can earn free during Sale-a-Bration and it coordinates perfectly with our Scallop Circle Punch.

I decorated this fun photo cube for the hostess gift. Thanks again to Melissa for being a fabulous hostess! I am always looking for neat alterable items when I am out and about. I came across this one at Drug Mart of all places. It has two pieces that pull apart and inside was a thin cardboard "box" with photos of strangers, much like what is in any photo frame you buy. I actually carefully tore apart the box, flipped it inside out and adhered it back together again so that the white side was showing. I cut various pieces of double-sided patterned paper for the base pieces, then embellished with eyelets, rub-ons and punch outs. The rub-ons Love and Happiness are also a free Sale-a-Bration item you can choose with any order of $50+. I took two pictures so you could see all the sides. I left the bottom blank of course. All Melissa has to do is add photos and enjoy!


Stay tuned...tomorrow I'll share the projects and hostess gift from Saturday's workshop.

Thanks for stopping by!



























1 comment:

Beth said...

I like all the projects you made but especially love the photo cube. What a great idea!