Monday, March 10, 2008

Scrapbook Layouts

This 7x7 page will go in Macy's doggie scrapbook. Yes, I scrapbook about my dog. After all, she is my "baby", you know. LOL Her birthday is this Saturday the 15th...she'll be 6 already! Time flies! She is such a girly girl pooch so this page will suit her well. The Apricot Appeal cardstock looks mustard, but it's really a yummy sherbet color. I created some glittery page accents by first coloring my chipboard M with white craft ink, then using Stickles once the ink dried (I speed the process with my heat tool). The flower center is a silver ribbon slide to which I also added Stickles for some sparkle. Lastly, the large flower petals got some bling and I layered the ribbons across the bottom and through the flower center. A girl's gotta have bling!



These last two photos are of a wedding layout I created and framed for my aunt and uncle. They were married in November of 2000, just a month after Kevin and I. My mom is going to Arkansas tomorrow and will deliver it to them. I've had the pictures on my craft table for months (shame on me!) and finally completed it Sunday. When I originally started creating this layout, I naturally started gathering "white" and "ivory" embellishments. Then, I decided to root through my paper stash, ribbon, tags, flowers, etc. and ended up with this warm, yet elegant layout. I was pleased. The second picture is a close-up of the details. I love those self-stick pearls for the flower centers!

I have to say...God is good! I give Him all the glory for my creativity and ideas. He just uses me in the process. I am blessed that He allows me to create!

No comments: