Sunday, March 9, 2008

Glittery Neopolitan!

With over a foot of snow this weekend, I was forced (LOL!) to stay indoors and stamp. I actually stayed up 'til 5am. I like to do that every now and then, especially since I am a night owl. Our pastor called to say church was cancelled due to the weather, so I thought "why not".
I slept in today and ended up in my craft area again. Anyway...these cards I'm posting today were all made with pieces of a 12x12 sheet of polka dot paper by Close to My Heart and a piece of glittered 8x8 paper from my Glitter Stack. I accented with Stampin' Up! colors: Close to Cocoa, Whisper White, Apricot Appeal, Regal Rose and Pretty In Pink. I challenged myself to use supplies, paper and stamps that hadn't been touched in a while. I had fun. Hope you like what I've shared!

This card is made with the stamp set How Swell! by The Angel Company. It is hands down my favorite pregnancy set. I just love this girl's hat and her cute round belly. This set is only $11.95. You can't beat that! Their stamps are blue rubber on a cling foam. They mount onto any acrylic block, then you clean them and put them back in their clear box. Easy! I colored the stamped girl image with Prismacolors and blended with Gamsol. I added some Stickles glitter glue for accent. The sentiment is stamped in Close to Cocoa, then I "traced" the letters with my Pretty In Pink marker to add some color. I layered the sentiment on circles and a tag punch, then added some yummy glittered brads. It says "Girl, it's all about the belly". :)

This card uses stamps from The Angel Company (flowers and miss you) and Stampin' Up! (dotted circle). I was thrilled that the flower stamps were exactly 6-petal ones just like the patterned paper. I get excited about the little details! I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to get the flowers and dotted circle in just the right place. I layered that onto Apricot Appeal cardstock and distressed the edges with my scissors for some texture. The clear button is adhered to a circle of Apricot Appeal using Stickles. I also added Stickles over the sentiment. That way the sentiment, flower center and patterned paper are all three glittery and it helps unify the design. Got bling?...LOL

Here's an overhead shot of the 8 cards I did with this color scheme. I had neopolitan ice cream yesterday and I think that's where this color scheme all started....yum! Remember, you can click any of the photos for a close-up.
Stay tuned...tomorrow I'll share two scrapbook pages I made this weekend. One is the neopolitan color theme and the other is a wedding layout I framed for my aunt and uncle.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: