Sunday, March 16, 2008

Charles & Grandee

I did this layout about my nephew Charles and my mom Stephanie (aka Grandee) at a crop yesterday. My nephew's mom passed away a few years ago, so the women in our family try to give him the nuturing he so desperately needs now that his mom is gone. I coordinated products from Stampin' Up!, SEI, Creative Memories, American Crafts, Bazzill and more to complete the layout. I was inspired by the soft colors in my mom's striped shirt.
This is a close-up of the felt letter stickers and the layered shapes. I used my SU! punches for the square and circle shapes. I rounded the corners of the squares with my CM corner rounder. The edges are inked with SU! white craft ink.

This is a close up of the SU! chipboard heart. It is covered with the back side of the striped SEI paper(I love double-sided papers!). I used a sanding block on the edges. I then layered the punch-outs and another sticker. I want Charles to always remember he is so very loved!
I have two more layouts to share from the crop so check back later this week for those. Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: