Monday, March 3, 2008

Busy Stampin' Weekend-Part II


Here's the first project from Saturday's workshop. We used the Sale-a-Bration set Lots of Thoughts and some of the white rub-ons from the A Perfect Day rub-ons set in the Occasions Mini. The 5-Petal Flower punch coordinates with the one style of rub-on perfectly! The colors used are Blue Bayou, Real Red and Soft Sky. The Real Red layer is our textured cardstock and the Soft Sky layer is a piece of double-sided paper. I am really happy with the quality of the Stampin' Up! rub-ons. Some of the tiny ones can easily be done using your fingernail. Another great feature of the Lots of Thoughts stamp set is that you can easily use your marker to ink just one line of the sentiment, then stamp that. You are really getting 4 greetings from each block in this set. I think I will use mine a lot!


The second card has a simple, yet elegant look. We used Blush Blossom, Groovy Guava and the Shimmer White cardstocks. The flowers are from the set Together Forever and the sentiment is from Warm Words. Both are stamped with Groovy Guava ink. I love the little ribbon slide from the Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware in the Occasions Mini. Depending on the sentiment you stamp on this card, it would be appropriate for sympathy, birthday, thinking of you or even a wedding card.








I decorated this tin for the hostess gift. I used the Sale-a-Bration rub-ons set Love & Happiness. What is so neat about rub-ons is that you can easily apply them on a curved edge. I layered our fun Flower Fusion felt flowers, added a gold brad and adhered them with mini glue dots. I put a few smaller rub-ons on the lid, then added some fun ribbon.

My hostesses are quite special to me. I really love giving them a handmade gift from the heart. I also appreciate that they invite me into their homes so that I may share my love of stamping with their friends and family. As a special thank you, each of my hostesses (July 2007-June 2008) will be invited to a Hostess Appreciation Event this summer.




No comments: