Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Easy Fall Cards

I made several of these two styles for some quick and easy fall cards. I made some with Happy Birthday, some with Friendship and some with Thanks So Much. The sentiments are all from a retired SU! set.
I don't remember the brand of the patterned papers, but they were a more recent line at the local scrapbook store. On the Friendship cards, I added an orange button. I distress it by sanding with my sanding block.
On the Happy Birthday ones, I used a shell button tied with linen thread.
Just something random for today. Remember Mr. Cactus in THIS post? This year he has more blooms than ever. Certainly reminds us of our dear former neighbor Mr. Black who gave him to us when he moved away. I love the hot pink blossoms. This plant is so low maintenance. It gets watered once a week or less, sits atop the stereo speaker and loves the natural light in the living room. I still keep him in this simple plastic pot with the plate underneath...just as he was presented to us. Keeps the memory of Mr. Black fresh in our minds. He was a dear man.
I have ZERO energy today. I opted not to swim at the Y with mom. I really need to get on the treadmill and burn off the pizza I ate at lunch. I was tired when I got up and I'm sure I'll go to bed tired. It's just a lazy, partly rainy Wednesday, I guess. I'll get crackin' on my to-do list tomorrow. *snore* :) Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: