Monday, November 23, 2009

Gratitude Basket

I will be taking this basket of candy favors to work today. Each one is filled with a bit of chocolate goodness. I want my co-workers to know how much I appreciate them, so I have stamped a Bible verse on each tag. The secret is that on the back of each tag, I have written a personal note telling them something in particular about them for which I am grateful. For example, on Dr. D's I wrote that I am grateful for his example of determination. He has gracefully dealt with some difficulties from his neck surgery and rehab that really stands out to me. I have watched him work hard this past year in getting back in full swing at work. His determination speaks volumes.

This project was an exercise in remembering that the little things about those I am around each day are a blessing. I am so grateful for my job, where I work and the ones I work with each day.

In everything, give Thanks! I Thessalonians 5:18

No comments: