Sunday, October 18, 2009

Happiness is Fall

I sent this card to my dear friend Karin for her 3rd wedding anniversary. I had received this card front in a swap at a Stampin' Up! event ages ago. I can't take credit for anything except trimming down the entire piece, changing the sentiment and mounting it on a folded piece of Kraft. Sometimes, when my mojo is absent, I need to grab a swap in a pinch. I have very few cards in my stash now, so I really need to get my mojo back soon and get stampin'!!! 99% of what I share on my blog is my own creation, but this one is NOT mine.
As you know, I have joined Weight Watchers (Monday is weigh-in day). I have been spending most evenings walking for exercise. I have to bundle up pretty good since the chilly fall weather is here. This time I had a hoodie, scarf, hat, gloves and coat. Brrr...
Today Kevin and I went to Mohican State Park to see the fall foliage and walk around. This picture was taken from the side of the Covered Bridge looking downstream. If you click on the picture, you can see the little Amish kids playing on the fallen log. There were van loads of Amish down there today. Most of them were playing volleyball in their long dresses and dark coats.
This is the side of the Covered Bridge where we were engaged on February 9, 2000. If you count to the third tall pole on the railing (or third point along the roof) from this end...it was right about there. *wink*
I love the colorful blanket of leaves in fall. Happiness is Fall!!

No comments: