Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Reason For The Season

There is only one reason we celebrate this season in our family. "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son. That whosoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16 How wonderful to celebrate the hope, joy and peace of this season!

Here's our tree this year. We have used the same lights, colored balls and ornaments each year since we were married. In fact, we used one of the gift cards received at our wedding to purchase most of what you see here way back when. We add at least one or two ornaments each year. I have to make two new ones for the "boy pups". :)

I think Kevin's sister gave us this glass nativity. I added a tea light candle behind it to illuminate the precious baby Jesus. In the "tree lit" living room it just glows beautifully.

The hutch in the living room becomes a place to display the nativity scene and to hang the stockings. I have to get one more little one just in case Jax is here for Christmas. *wink*

I love this ornament. It reminds me of the real cross that our Savior was nailed to so that we may be "white as snow". How humbling to be reminded of His love for us during this season.

I jokingly added this real rubber stamp of my name as the "ornament of the year" for me a few years ago. :)

This one was given to Kevin and I by my friend Christie on our first Christmas in 2000.

I still added all of Macy's ornaments this year and will from now on. It was bittersweet to pull each one out and add it to the tree, but it is also a blessing to remember her sweet face. :)

Little Curious Riley had to check out the jingle bell candy cane. Most ornaments were hung higher than this on purpose, but for this pic I hung it lower. He also had to "ruffle" the tree skirt as if he were finding a perfect spot to nap. He was tired at that time, too. LOL! I'll be curious to see how he reacts to wrapped packages. We will only be buying 4 gifts for Kevin's side, then 2 Angel Tree gifts to take to the program at church. Despite the "bare" spot under the tree, I must say that we have much bigger and better gifts than those that can be wrapped and put under the tree. We have peace, hope, love, joy and forgiveness....all because He was born on that first Christmas morning. Thanks be to God for the TRUE Reason for the Season!
Have a listen to a wonderful song HERE. May each of you have a blessed Christmas season filled with many reminders of why we truly celebrate.

No comments: