Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Cherish Page

Excuse the flash glare. When I took the pic without the flash, the cardstock looked an odd purple color. With the flash, it truly looked like Purely Pomegranate cardstock. I had done all but the journaling on this page way back in September. I finally journaled on Monday night. Julie and Josh had gone to Cancun in April 2008 and I decided to create this page about them. The whole color scheme started with Josh's pink shirt. Gotta love a guy who wears pink with a smile! LOL! *click to see the stamped floral background and other details up close*
Some details are the layered title piece using a flower, some punches and a fabric word tag. I also added some unique ribbon using Sticky Strip, then some buttons with linen thread stitching in the centers.
I used a wavy journaling template to draw pencil lines. I wrote the journaling, then erased the pencil lines. I decided I wanted something different than the same 'ol straight journaling lines. *click this pic to read the journaling up close* It is lovingly signed "Nanny" since that is what Julie, Brooke and Charles call me. My own brother even calls me that now. :)
Thanks for stopping by. I'll have another Christmas card to share tomorrow.

No comments: