Saturday, December 13, 2008

Be Merry

These are the Christmas cards I am making for the practice to send to other docs, etc. The colors are Basic Gray, Whisper White and Soft Sky. The sets are Snowflakes and Warm Words. The card size is 4 1/4" x 4 1/4". The punches are from Marvy Uchida. Stickles adds some shimmer.
Here's the same card again with another design. My co-worker Katie and I brainstormed together to design her cards for this year. She really wanted to use the Shimmer White cardstock and these "icy" colors in a simple design. The set is a retired one called Bundled Up, I think. I inked the images with Soft Sky ink, then colored the darker areas with my Going Gray marker before stamping onto the cardstock. The other cardstock and ink is also Going Gray. She makes tons of homemade mittens for sale and having these "knits" on her cards this year is just perfect. She has such a talent when it comes to sewing, etc.
Here's a close up of where I added Stickles on the Bundled Up card. You can also see the shimmer of the yummy cardstock. Love that stuff even though it's expensive!
PLANS CHANGED: Jax was to visit today, but the rescue owner has the flu. Jax will meet us next Saturday and will get to stay then if we decide to adopt him. Oh my! So....this weekend we are going to put up the tree, buy gifts for the Angel Tree at church and rest some. Oh...yeah...and I am going to crank out 60 cards for the practice!!
The song I had chosen for yesterday's post wasn't right. The title didn't match the song. So, I'll have you listen to THIS one instead. :) It snowed here Friday and I was catching snowflakes on my tongue. The snowfall is so peaceful and beautiful!

No comments: