Friday, March 9, 2012

Be Inspired - Day 3

 I was immediately drawn to the soothing aquatic color scheme of this inspiration piece.  I figured the original artist heat embossed the white image so I thought I'd do the same.
 My ink pad didn't have quite as deep a green color as the original, so I didn't want to use a really dark ribbon on my version.  To keep in line with the light airy feel of the white cardstock base, I chose a sheer white ribbon and some matching twine.  Since my stamped image wasn't as solid as the one in the inspiration piece, I thought it would get lost behind darker ribbon.  What do YOU think?
So, tell me...did you enjoy my Be Inspired series? I know it was only 3 days, but I hope you have been inspired to rip out those ideas, dig through your supplies and recreate a wonderful "look-a-like" card.  Be Inspired...and thanks for stopping by!  More fun to come this week, so be sure to check back.

No comments: