Thursday, March 8, 2012

Be Inspired - Day 2

Today's inspiration picture has a very earthy feel with a pop of white accents.  When I first made my card below, I kept thinking....hmm...this is blah...sort of like the weather this time of year.  Then, I looked at it again.  I saw the warm tones of the Crumb Cake cardstock, Early Espresso ink and the warm sponged edges.  It made me think of digging my hands in fresh dirt and appreciating the warmth of an earthy look.  It is really different from yesterday's card, but the more I look at it, the more I like it. 
 I ended up adding an accent color with the mellow moss cardstock and button in the center.
The white gel pen really helps the design pop off the "blah" cardstock.  (Hey, Crumb Cake is pretty much my "go to" color, so I shouldn't call it blah.  LOL)  I think this card will go to my friend Karin.  She would totally appreciate the simplistic earthy feel.  Yep, she'll get it later this month.  Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to check back tomorrow.  I dusted off my Kaleidoscope ink pad and got my heat embossing gun fired up for the last card in my Be Inspired series. 

No comments: