Wednesday, September 22, 2010

20-year high school reunion

Although you may have NO clue who these people are, I thought I would still share some highlights from my 20-year high school class reunion in Glasgow, KY.
I used to not be able to tell these twins apart. I have no trouble now, but back in elementary school, I had to look at their shoes. One had a blue stripe, one had a red stripe. ha ha
Sonja's eyes are closed, but I still like this picture. Jonathan got voted "most hair left". He totally reminds me of the actor John Ritter! He said he gets that all the time!
Beshka and Terri Jo have been best friends since high school. Terri Jo was homecoming queen and at the reunion got voted "has the youngest child". Her daughter is 7-months old. We do have a classmate who is pregnant, but she didn't win since she couldn't attend. I always thought Beshka was one of the prettiest girls in our class. She still is!
Virgil used to have a crush on me in middle school. ha ha I told him my fav memory is when in middle school someone shoved him in a locker and shut the door. Yes, he was that little and could fit! ha ha He had no idea I was making this goofy face when they took the pic. Gotcha!
One of my best friends, Linda. She and I were close buddies mainly in elementary and middle school. I literally had not seen her in 20 years! Linda was always athletic and it impressed me that she could skate backwards. She still can! We just laughed about that and she told me all about her sweet sons. I sat by her at dinner and caught up. So good to see her again!
Julie Nelson Craddock had "scottie blue" for her manicure. I thought that was neat!
Julie was our class president and Claire is one of my dearest friends ever! We were in Girl Scouts together and her daughter's name is Natalie Claire! My name is Natalie Clare (without the "i"). :)
I thought Bruce Leeson had changed the most. He and I had a good conversation and I got to meet his fun wife!
My other best friend from elementary and middle school, Stacy. She and I were Duran Duran FANATICS! And, I do mean FANATICS! We just hugged each other and told each other how much we loved and missed each other. Gosh, it was good to see her again. Another one that I had not seen in literally 20 years!
Meridith, me, Jon, Claire, Jennifer. I knew Jon mostly in band and Meridith and I have known each other since elementary school. Jennifer, Claire and I used to hang out together since they lived on the same street. It was the kind of group where three WASN'T a crowd. Such nice friends!
I joked with Amy and Scott that I wanted a picture with my 6th grade crush and his wife. The neat thing is that they have been together since 6th grade!!!
Gina traveled the farthest from Washington D.C. I was next in line for that award since I came from Ohio. Instead I got voted "least changed". I'll take that as a compliment! Some people joked and asked me what wrinkle cream I used, etc. I think my secret is that I wash my face nightly and stay out of the sun. Wish the rest of me looked 20 years younger. ha ha
Billy, Gina, Tony, Claire, Kim, Julie, me and Linda...what a great group!
I had taken over 40 pictures, but this is just a snippet of the night. I was so stinkin' nervous before I went, but after all was said and done, I am so so glad I went! Can't wait 'til the next one! I think this time about 1/3 of our classmates showed up. I really hope more come next time.
GHS Class of '90 rocks!

No comments: