Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Vroom...

Another card for my co-worker. This one is for her car-lovin' husband. I love the background stamp Connie let me borrow (Thanks, Connie!). The main shape was cut out twice using my Nestabilities. I simply cut the Kraft one at the point where the shape narrows in order to layer over the Dusty Durango carstock piece. I used the edge of my stamp pad to ink the dark chocolate piece. Reminds me of distressed leather. I added faux stitching along the top and bottom edges of the car to mimic stitching on a car seat. I also made the green layer look like faux suede. Just run the cardstock strip over your bone folder several times to break apart the paper fibers. Carefully peel the two cardstock layers apart to reveal the "suede" side.
Lastly, I added some "chrome" dots to the corners of the focal piece. Gotta add "guy" details, I guess. ha ha I hope she likes it. :)

No comments: