Sunday, January 24, 2010

Rotten Rascal

With a title like Rotten Rascal, surely you knew this was going to be about Riley. ha ha You'll have to click the pic to see it bigger. In the first pic, he has a piece of mulch in his mouth and it looks like he's sassing me by saying "ha, yeah, I've got mulch...try to catch me, Momma!". In the second pic, I caught him with Jack's fur in his mouth after he had fought a good fight and won! Turkey! Those pics are from Summer '09 when his fur was a bit darker. I incorporated the wood grain look using wood grain paper, wood grain alpha stickers and....
I covered a giant "r" with Stampin' Up! wood sheets. They are the coolest things. I traced the shape and cut it out, then glued it to the chipboard letter. Lastly, I inked the edges and added some brown twine to add texture and depth. You can also punch shapes out of the wood sheets or run it through your Big Shot or Cuttlebug using shaped dies.
I tore an oval from the top layer of patterned paper, then added journaling to the tan piece. Believe it or not, that is what I added last. I was so undecided on how to add journaling to the page and didn't want to add a boring oval adhered to the top layer, so.....TAH DAH...torn paper journaling was born! ha I like how more of the wood grain pattern peeks out on the rolled edges, too. I also LOVE happy scrappin' accidents.

No comments: