Monday, December 28, 2009

Gift Card Holders

At work, we draw names and exchange $10 gifts. Terra wanted a Wal-Mart gift card, so I decorated a clear pillow box to present it in. I used Old Olive textured cardstock and ribbon, plus a pre-printed sticker from Basic Grey. Everything is adhered with glue dots.
I also needed an extra gift card holder for the winner of a fun contest Katie and I did at work. We both work in medical records and had saved all the 08 year stickers this year from the charts. We counted them and put them in a gallon-size Ziploc bag. Whoever came closest to guessing the number of stickers won this gift card to Panera Bread. If I remember correctly, we had saved about 5,300 of them! Some day our practice will go to electronic medical records and we'll no longer have to change year stickers. Everyone sure got a laugh out of it. OH and yes, the winner also got the bag of stickers as a gag gift!! Wonder if they'll ever show up in a white elephant exchange somewhere. LOL!
Check back tomorrow to see my dad's b-day card from this year.

No comments: