Sunday, December 27, 2009

Getting Caught Up

Finally, finally, finally!! I am getting caught up on my blog posts. I have been behind the scenes for too long. Tonight I uploaded all projects that were on my camera and will be showing goodies all week. Thanks for your patience. My time seems to have been spent elsewhere lately. Hmmm...perhaps the treadmill, YMCA and doing all the normal life stuff. I have finally lost 20 pounds and proudly bought jeans in a smaller size tonight. It's no fun to have to keep hiking them up every time I walk or stand up. The bummer is that most of my clothes are like new, but don't fit right anymore. This is one problem I will gladly accept!!! I am determined to shrink out of my entire closet and buy a whole new updated wardrobe. My goal is to lose 50 pounds! So, if I am M.I.A. from blog land, just know I'll be back eventually. That is after I sweat a bit. LOL! Thanks to those of you who cheer me on! I need all the encouragement you offer.
I made two cards like this for two dear friends who have December birthdays. I loved the paper from Basic Grey and used my Stampin' Up! cardstocks and inks that matched wonderfully! I love when I can use SU! goodies with other brands. Makes me smile. :)
I added faux stitching with my white gel pen and some copper Stickles to add some subtle bling. A girl can never have too much bling or too many Stickles in her stash!!
I added more copper Stickles to the back of a clear button, let it dry completely, then tied embroidery floss through it. I adhered it over the ribbon using glue dots.
Later this week, I will be showing you the following:
  • 2 gift card holders
  • my dad's b-day card
  • projects I made for an ornament exchange at work
  • adorable Christmas cards from friends
Stop back each day this week for more inspiration. A lot of what I have to share is Christmas-related, but now that the holiday hoopla is over, I have more time to post the ideas. Have a blessed day!

No comments: