Monday, August 1, 2011

What a Deal!

This layout is about the FREE car Kevin and I received from his mom. Yes, I said FREE! She decided to get a new Nissan Rogue and gave us her 2002 Nissan Altima...just because. How generous!
When I went to Achivers the last time, I chose the papers I would use. I had originally thought I'd use more of the flowered paper, but once I started planning the page, it was just obnoxious. Sometimes patterns are best in moderation. For the title I used my 3/4" circle punch and chose letters from another patterned paper. I then added a clear dimensional sticker over each one.
In this picture you can see where I added an entire row of clear dimensional circles for an interesting embellishment. Also, I wanted to add a button and then thought "Hmm, how can I stitch it in a different way?" So, I got this. I threaded it through the button holes and then out again and behind the circle in different angles. Neat? Maybe. Different? Yes!
I was tickled when I found this "coupon" in my embellishment stash. It was indeed perfect for this page. Just perfect!


By the way, we LOVE our "new" car. To pay it forward, we will be giving my 2000 Pontiac Sunfire to my brother. It needs several things fixed, but he still wants it. It has been a good car for me, but I am grateful to not be spending a FOURTH summer with no air conditioning. I endured THREE summers and this year I am soaking up the cool air in the Nissan. Ahhh....

No comments: