Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Lil Sunshine

Yellow! Green! White! Hot pink! Light blue! Orange!....ahh...so many colors, but I think this page is refreshing like an ice cold slushie in the summertime!
My great niece Baylee (Charles' stepdaughter) turned two in June. After her birthday party she blew bubbles outside and I captured this adorable picture. Look at those lips!! So cute! The only thing I have to add is my journaling. However, remember the 5K page from a few days ago? Remember I said I had journaled so much on that one that I don't have to journal for an entire year? Looks like I am living up to that. LOL No, I really will journal. Just wanted to get these pics posted and at that point hadn't done it yet.


I found this yummy orange bling word on clearance for 99 cents! Baylee has red hair, so between finding this and the fun puffy circle stickers I had my color scheme for this page.


I layered the large circle die-cut over the lime green ledger paper, then added some puffy patterned dot stickers in various places. I added some scrumptious hot pink/white twine around the lower part of the page. That helped pull together all the colored accents.




Just a note....I tried SEVERAL times to photograph this page where it would show up clear and crisp. The white overlay essentially comes out looking light blue in natural daylight in my living room. I contemplated taking the layout outside, but said "eh, forget it." So, just imagine these yummy colors in a more vibrant way. *sigh*

No comments: