Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day 2010

Daddy's card...I used a strip of real zipper trim from JoAnn's. It is perfect as it is Kraft color and matches the SU! Kraft cardstock. The card is 4 1/4"x12", scored at 3" from one end and 4" from the other. I ran the smaller flap through the Cuttlebug to give it a neat texture. I added a special closure to mimic a closure on an office envelope. To open the card, he had to unwrap the linen thread.
Here's a closer look at the closure. I simply punched out patterned paper using a 1/2" circle punch and adhered them to the flaps. I punched holes using my Crop-a-Dile and inserted "manly" brads. I wrapped one end of the linen thread tightly around the brad on the left and wound it around in a criss-cross to secure the card.
Natalie, Rhonda, Steve, and Ron
My uncle Richard and my nephew Charles
The Brown Boys...Charles, Steve and Ron
Mom wanted a picture with Charles and Daddy. This is her just 11 days after total left knee replacement. She got a shorter haircut so it would be easier while she recovers. She is doing wonderfully, by the way!
My mom's mom Bernice. She is 88 and my last living grandparent. :)
My sister and her new boyfriend Phil. I think he's about as goofy as I am. He is hilarious!
Like I was saying....you know there has to be one nut in the bunch....guess that's ME!
Weight Watchers Update:
I finally blasted past my plateau. I lost 3.8 this week for a grand total of 37.2! I am that much closer to losing my goal of 50 pounds! I think I can....I think I can....nope, I KNOW I WILL!

No comments: