Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Cards 2010

This is Connie's Easter card. All I can say is that it totally rocks! Wow! So many details!
Don't you want to touch all the great details: heat embossed bunny, glittery paper, ric rac, textured cardstock, embossed cardstock. Wow!
Then, my VERY SIMPLE design. The lighting doesn't really show the colors well and quiet frankly, I am too lazy right now to retake the pictures. It takes too long to upload on my dinosaur computer. It's basically three colors of cardstock, a bunny die-cut, some stamped words and loose glitter applied to Scor-Tape. If you don't know about Scor-Tape....look it up on the internet. You get a ton on a roll for way cheap! The backing is made of paper and you can even tear it! Easy peasy! Just apply it where you want it, pull of the paper backing to reveal the sticky and add some glittery yum-yum! Oh and beware: loose glitter will follow you around the house. When I made these on Wednesday, I even found glitter in my scalp when I went to wash my face at night. Oh, brother! ha The card "needed" something, so I opted for glitter. I was happy with the detail, but now my house sparkles. That is why I get glitterphobic, people. It goes everywhere. LOL!
Easter reminds me of the incredible sacrifice of Jesus Christ. I love this verse:
But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
Isaiah 53:5
Wow!

No comments: