Sunday, January 29, 2012

Monkey Business

My friend (and hair stylist) Abby and I assembled some pretty colorful monkeys last Friday.  She is getting a head start on birthday party invitations for her daughter.  I used Cricut Craft Room to weld images.  Once cut out, the base is a folded card. I then cut the other layers for dimension.  Aren't they so stinkin' cute?! 
 I know you want to say ooh ooh ahh ahh (monkey sounds) out loud.  *giggle*
We used two different flower punches and bling to create the fun accent on the monkey head.

Now you can see how they fold.  On the inside, we are going to put the party details and a fun picture of Kamryn in her monkey hat. 
 What a cute little face...
 At the crop we attended, I noticed the way a lady had her Cricut cartridges organized and thought I'd share.  She used the stacking containers by Snapware.
 In the top container, she created a "grid" for the slots where the cartridges fit.  You can fit 40 cartridges in this.  Wow!
 The bottom two containers house her booklets and overlays.
In order to create the "grid", she cut her plastic canvas pieces so that they interlock.  If anyone is interested in the size of the canvas pieces and how far you have to cut up/down on each piece, just leave a comment and I'll get you the info.  Be sure to include your e-mail.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: